Time: 1 hour | Servings: 24 cookies | Rating: ★☆☆☆☆
For the Cookies
- 1/2 pound cassava root
- 1/2 pound fresh coconut
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Peel the cassava root and grate it using a box grater.
- Place the grated cassava root in a cheesecloth and squeeze out the excess moisture and starch from the cassava.
- Grate the coconut or shred it in the food processor.
- Mix the grated cassava, grated coconut, and sugar together in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Pour a little of the mixture into muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and sprinkle them with confectioners’ sugar. Enjoy!